Due to concern for the health and safety of our staff, the community we serve, and our partners, CAPI will largely be closed to the public. Our staff will be working from home beginning March 18, 2020, until further notice. We will be monitoring this developing situation, and making sure our community is informed about any changes that may occur along the way. Below please find a list of staff, services, and updated hours/information for our food shelf. Staff will be checking voicemail, emails, and having calls forwarded. If you’re not sure who to call, please call the CAPI main line at 612-767-3670.
We look forward to serving you in this time of uncertainty. And, remember, we are here for you even if we are at a distance.
The CAPI food shelf will only be open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 am – 3 pm–for curbside pickup only.
Clients and anyone needing food/resources will be served.
Upon arrival, stay in your car and:
- Please park in a space designated by an orange cone.
- CAPI Food Shelf clients: Please have your food shelf card ready (all others — if you have never been to the food shelf before, you will not have a card).
- A food shelf staff member or volunteer will come and collect your information
- Once your information has been collected, a food shelf staff member or volunteer will bring grocery items and place them in either your trunk or back seat (if you are on foot, please wait outside and someone will bring bags to you).
Have questions? Please call 612-767-3670.
Need to talk to your caseworker?
VITA Tax Clinics will resume on Thursdays, starting April, 30, as drop off service only. Community members may drop off their tax documents at our Immigrant Opportunity Center in Brooklyn Center from 10 am – 12 pm. If you have any questions, please contact our Finance Manager, Alejandro Valenzuela at 612-767-3692. Have a question about financial coaching or homebuyer assistance? Contact Ruth Torres at 612-767-3673.
Hours: 10 am – 12 pm
Location: CAPI IOC – 5930 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
What you should bring with you:
- Copy of Taxpayer ID (spouse as well if filing jointly)
- Copy of Social Security cards/ITIN’s for all
- Direct Deposit/Voided Check
- Tax forms
- W2’s, 1099’s, 1098, 1095, etc.
- Property taxes/CRP forms
- Any other tax docs
All CNA, PCA, and Manufacturing trainings are postponed. For questions or information, contact our Career Pathways Navigators:
Job Search Assistance
Job Search Assistance
CNA, Hand Soldering
CNA, PCA, Manufacturing, Hand Soldering
MN Sure Enrollment and Elder Care
Need help with MN Sure? Have questions about benefits?
MN Sure/Food Shelf
Hmong Seniors Program
New voter registration or questions about the Census, please call Victor Yang at 612-767-9517.
Thank you for your understanding! Stay safe and stay well.