In partnership with MN Housing and MN Homeownership Center, CAPI offers a homebuyer workshop called Home Stretch. The Home Stretch Workshop is an 8-hour class that walks through all of the steps of purchasing a home, leaving participants with a better understanding of how the whole process works. Individuals will hear from realty, lending, and home insurance professionals so you will have a chance to get answers to your questions directly from the experts!
- Preparing your finances
- How your credit affects homeownership
- Mortgage programs and processes
- Shopping for a home
- The importance of having a home inspection
- The closing process
- Home maintenance responsibilities
- Predatory lending practices and avoiding-foreclosure
CAPI also offers one-on-one pre-purchase homeownership counseling to look at loan qualification, to review credit, and build savings.